Versaclimber Workouts vs. Treadmill Workouts – Who Wins?
Frequent cardio exercise is an excellent way to maintain a healthy heart, muscles, joints, lungs and fitness. Many people try to maintain low body fat by eating healthy, walking, stretching, and even running, but still have limited success. Sure, eating healthy and staying active are a good start, but as we get older our body’s change, our activity levels tend to wane, and our busy lifestyles prevent us from eating as healthy as we should. Frequent, intense cardio exercise, and eating healthy is a way of life that must be maintained in order to keep weight at a safe level, and to maintain body strength and overall health. So, how do the VersaClimber and treadmills compare when trying to maintain a healthy body?
VersaClimber vs. Treadmill
- Customizable and Versatile – The VersaClimber has adjustable: height, foot strap, isometric grip, and weight resistance settings to accommodate different body sizes and fitness levels. It provides a high intensity, full-body, low impact workout. The digital display records the distance you have gone, the time spent on the machine, calories spent, heart rate, and a lot more. Treadmills, on the other hand, generally allow you to control the speed you walk or run, the incline, the distance and time, and sometimes even your heart rate. But one of the biggest differences between the VersaClimber and treadmills is that on the VersaClimber, you provide the movement, whereas on the treadmill the machine moves the belt you are walking or running on. You just don’t get the same workout on a treadmill that you do on a VersaClimber.
- Low Impact Cardio – Unlike treadmills, the VersaClimber is a low impact exercise machine that puts very little stress on bones, and joints. The faster you move on a treadmill, the more negative impact you have on bones, joints, and muscles, whereas the faster you move on the VersaClimber, the greater the positive impact on bones and joints. That is because exercising on the VersaClimber helps to strengthen muscles and bones.
- Engages the Entire Body – The VersaClimber is brilliantly designed and nothing short of amazing. It engages all the major muscle groups at one time, while the treadmill only engages the lower body muscles. In fact, the VersaClimber, targets muscles that we don’t often use. Normally people sit or stand for long periods of time, and the VersaClimber, through contralateral movements, helps work those muscles.
- Burns Calories Faster – The VersaClimber burns calories at a much faster rate than treadmills. The more muscles you work, the more calories you burn.
- Time Saver – If your time is limited and you wish to get a quick and thorough workout, the VersaClimber is your best bet. You can get a much better cardiovascular workout with the VersaClimber than you could with a treadmill. In fact, in 20-30 minutes just 3-4 times per week, the VersaClimber provides a much better workout with longer lasting results.
- The After Burn Effect – There is a strong correlation between the intensity of exercise and the number of calories burned post exercise. In order for the after burn to occur, the body needs to burn oxygen faster than it is being consumed. In other words, the more intense the exercise, the more oxygen and calories are burned post-workout. Rarely do people exercise and reach that level of maximum oxygen burn. But the VersaClimber engages all the major muscle groups simultaneously and brings the body to the point of burning more oxygen than it is taking in. It is because of that afterburn that people see additional fat loss in the days and weeks following their workouts. In contrast, treadmills don’t tax all of the major muscle groups at one time, and therefore make it difficult for the afterburn to occur.
Overall, the workout attainable from the VersaClimber is nothing short of amazing. Personal trainers recommend it, the reviews show that workout enthusiasts are ecstatic about the results they obtain, and many celebrities find it helps them stay in shape. When people use the VersaClimber on a regular basis, they lose weight, gain muscle strength and endurance, and have more energy. When you look at the benefits of the VersaClimber vs. the treadmill, there really is no comparison. The VersaClimber stands out high above not only the treadmill but also other exercise machines.